Challenging Work, Great Location, World-class products
- Do you like working with smart people?
- Do you fancy working in a small, flexible team?
- Do you get things done?
- Are you a good communicator?
- Do you take pleasure in creating well-organised code?
- Are you up for a challenge?
- Do you feel under-appreciated?
What Are We Looking For?
We’re looking for a disciplined, careful database developer to work on our outstanding software, which is used by thousands of people every day, with minimal problems.
This role is to enhance and re-develop our database systems to cope with future requirements as the business grows. Working with other developers your job will be to liaise with our support team to make our internal systems as simple and efficient as can be. We will also need you to contribute to product development, where the highest quality and reliability are essential.
We are world leaders in our field, both with Windows packages and iPad/Android apps.
Our quality standards are high: Keeping things simple and clear, and doing them right are the keys to our success.
We also need someone who recognises that there is always more to learn, and that yesterday’s optimal solution isn’t always today’s, especially with platforms rapidly evolving.
What We Are Offering
This is a permanent position, based in Marple, Stockport, UK and will be primarily office-based. We offer the best tools and equipment money can buy, flexible working and all staff are encouraged to pursue self-development and continual training. We even have our own library!
Everyone can see the company’s commercial progress. All suggestions are listened to carefully (and we act on them where it makes sense).
We are 10 minutes from the Peak District and 20 minutes from Manchester City Centre by train, with great schools, walking, cycling, and climbing nearby.
We do things properly here: we score highly on the Joel Test (and we also now use some test-driven development, which I’m sure Joel would have included had he written the test a few years later).
This position offers a salary of £30-45K / year depending on what you can bring to the role, 25 days holiday, and a profit-related bonus scheme.
The first step is to carefully complete the process described below in ‘How to Apply’.
If we like what we see, we’ll give you a short telephone interview, and if it’s still looking good we will set you a development test, in your favourite language.
If that works out, we’ll invite you to our office and you’ll spend a few hours with members of our team. We’ll ask you to write or debug some code.
During your time with us, we will put you through a series of personality and technical tests to prove you’re as good as you say.
Warning: Whilst completing this application be careful, as applicants making elementary mistakes will be rejected (we need someone careful. Did I mention that?).
How to Apply
- Complete the application form
- Attach a personalised letter to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org saying:
- why you would particularly like to work for RPS
- any particular reasons why you think we would benefit from employing you
- what you think you will gain from working with us
- what are your career aspirations
- and anything else that you feel we may be interested in
- Please DON’T just send us a CV. We are happy to accept your CV in addition to the application form and letter if you feel that it will help us in the recruitment process.
- We do not deal with agencies.
We will provide a response to all applicants as the selection process is progressing. Thank you for your interest in RPS!