CHALLENGING WORK, GREAT TEAM, GREAT LOCATION
£25K – £35K
- Do you like working with smart people?
- Do you fancy working in a small, flexible team?
- Do you get things done?
- Are you a good communicator?
- Do you take pleasure in creating well-organised code?
- Are you up for a challenge?
- Do you want your work to get used, everyday, by thousands of people?
- Do you feel under-appreciated?
- Do you really grok object-oriented (O-O) Development?
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for a disciplined, careful developer to work on our outstanding software, which is used by thousands of people every day, with minimal problems.
This role is to develop parts of our core products to cope with future requirements, and building our new technical architecture.
Liaison with technical end-users will sometimes be required.
We are world leaders in our field, both with Windows packages and iPad/Android apps.
Our quality standards are high: Keeping things simple and clear, and doing them right are the keys to our success.
We also need someone who recognises that there is always more to learn, and that yesterday’s optimal solution isn’t always today’s, especially with platforms rapidly evolving.
Specific languages or operating systems are not of great importance: we know that great developers can pick up new languages and tools quickly if they need to.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
This is a permanent position, based in Marple, Stockport, UK and will be primarily office-based. We offer good tools and equipment and all staff are encouraged to pursue self-development and continual training.
Everyone can see the company’s commercial progress. All suggestions are listened to carefully (and we act on them where it makes sense).
We are 10 minutes from the Peak District and 20 minutes from Manchester City Centre by train, with great schools, walking, cycling, and climbing nearby.
We are working towards a perfect score on the Joel Test
This position offers a salary of between £25K – £35K per year depending on experience plus:33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays), Once you’ve completed a probation period you’re eligible to join our employee benefit scheme.
Early finish on a Friday.
The first step is to carefully complete the application form below, and write your application letter.
We don’t just want a CV.
If we like what we see, we’ll give you a short telephone interview, and if it’s still looking good we will set you a development test, in your favourite language.
If that works out, we’ll invite you to our office and you’ll spend a few hours with members of our team. We’ll ask you to write or debug some code.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete the application form
2. Email us a personalised letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org saying:
- why you would particularly like to work for RPS
- any particular reasons why you think we would benefit from employing you
- what you think you will gain from working with us
- what are your career aspirations
- and anything else that you feel we may be interested in
We will provide a response to all applicants as the selection process is progressing.
Thank you for your interest in RPS!